POSTED: FEB 6, 2019
Hourly salary: $20/hour
Saturdays 09:30 -13:30 or 14:00 on every designated Saturday according to the school Calendar
Tuesdays 17:30-2100 on every designated Tuesday according to the school Calendar
Occasional other evenings and/or hours as required – to be negotiated with the principal.
This posting is for 1 part-time position. This position provides confidential, administrative assistance to the Gabriela Mistral Latin American School to ensure efficient operations. The Administrative Assistant acts as a liaison between the School Principal, School Board, Staff, Students, and Parents of Students. Average hours of work are 10hrs per week, which will adjust accordingly depending on school activities.
Responsibilities Under the Direction of the School Principal:
- Work with the principal to ensure the smooth functioning of the school.
- Update the school website with current information including parent communications with the “Parent and Student Need to Know”
- Manage the school files for students using Google Docs and all information for distribution lists
- Post weekly on social media accounts in collaboration with our Public Relations Representative (Facebook statuses, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Coordinate parent volunteers for the cafeteria
- Assist with school registration as well as the planning of school events including year-end event Latin Elements
- Coordinate with volunteers, teachers and various fundraising activities
- Order cafeteria items and manage inventory for purchases of school supplies and cafeteria items
- Send weekly communications to parents via online system
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of administrative procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with a focus on customer service and establishing/maintaining relationships – in both English and Spanish
- Translating capabilities (From English to Spanish and vice versa)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to anticipate and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- Strong command of Office, Google Suite and office equipment
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new technology and programs
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Desired: Admin Level 5 Course; post-secondary level certificate/education
- Fluency in Spanish Language
- Customer service experience
- Database management
- Point of sale experience
- Dynamic, friendly, approachable, motivated, multi-tasking capabilities, energetic
- Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle for scheduled Saturday and Tuesday shifts.
Thank you for your interest in Gabriela Mistral Latin American School. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com